Feb 10, 2010

Grilled Shrimp and Spinach Salad - How Shrimples came to be and Shrimpy got her name...


I've never had an allergic reaction to food - til' Applebees introduced their new "Grilled Shrimp and Spinach Salad". Have I mentioned that shrimp is one of my favorite foods? I Say....uhhh, Murphy's Law!

For the past 4 days I've been dwelling in the joy of hives, itches and scratches along with my new nickname: "Shrimpy". For the sake of unnecessary medical terminology, let's call this the "shrimples".

If there is anything good out of this, let is be, the thought that we take our health for granted. It's not fun or pretty, but rather a force of necessary time to check out of life and meditate on the things we forget to be thankful for. In my case, Health.

I'm fervently praying that I can still have shrimp, (please God, I just had lobster for the first time a year ago, I'm bearly living....take the veggies but not my shell-fish...).

Last week I had just told my friend: "Dont you ever wish you can just check out of life for a few days and chill?" Well, had i realized the power of my words I wouldn't be lying here in bed, itchy and well, shrimpy at such a late hour.

For some reason it seems so much worse when my mom is out of the country and I have to make soup for myself. It's not as good even though I followed her same recipe. It's the mom touch you know?

Be careful what you say and don't take your health for granted!

Credits: My Dad, Brother and Ivan- for being my proud supporters in Urgent Care, Poli for all your calls and name-calling, Michelle for sharing my last shrimp meal with me and Valerie for all your texts, Marlene for covering me at work (poor thing) and to CVS for my pills along with Benadryl and lastly, to you, for reading my ridiculous little blog about seafood.

Bon Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment